- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (organic)
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (because I just opened the bag to make smoothies and wanted to use more of it...)
- 1 cups oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/6 cup oil (I used canola) (organic)
- 1 cup finely(ish) chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped dried currants (organic) and dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried fruit delight mix (organic)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (organic)
- 1/4 cup honey
- some cinnamon
- drizzle of vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 ish cup water to make a slightly sticky dough
Mix first 4 ingredients then add oil. Add fruit and nuts. Mix. Add honey and cinnamon and vanilla. Mix. Stir in applesauce then slowly add water until it gets to right consistency. Press dough into oiled 8x8 pan. Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes. Cut into inch squares or bars.
They came out quite yummy. Yum! I'm not sure how well they'll travel, because seem a little bit crumbly, maybe I didn't add quite enough water, or maybe my nuts and fruit weren't chopped finely enough. They were more medium chopped than finely chopped. Next time I'll try the food processor for an actual fine chop which would add more flour-like binding substance.